Warm temperatures crept in this week and we are staring down a few days of sweltering temperatures. It’s been a while since we have felt some real heat in Arizona so here are a few things to keep in mind.
The National Weather Service is reminding people that heat is the leading cause of weather-related fatalities.
NWS tips for beating the heat:
- Drink lots of water
- Take cool showers and baths
- Wear light, loose clothing
- Stay in air-conditioned places
- Seniors, children and those with health issues should stay in cool places
Air conditioning maintenance tricks:
There are three things that you can do now to make sure your air conditioner is more likely to keep running through the hot summer months.
- Run it and make sure it works
- Tune it up every year
- Change your filter regularly
Save money on your AC bill:
APS does not plan to lower rates amid the coronavirus crisis, but there are ways customers can try to save on their bills.