Earlier this year, it also made Travel + Leisure's list of the top 500 hotels in the world.
Tucked up in the Bradshaw Mountains near Morristown, the 1,100-acre historic resort has been in operation for over a century.
The resort made its debut in 1896 and has hosted great American figures from the early 1900s like the Cabots, Vanderbilts, Wrigleys, Roosevelts, and Astors.
>> Download the 12 News app for the latest local breaking news straight to your phone.
While Castle Hot Springs offers yoga and meditation, Travel + Leisure confirms that the resort's natural hot springs are its most popular activity.
Since reopening in 2019, Castle Hot Springs has also been recognized by:
- Travel + Leisure’s Top 500 Hotels in the World 2022
- Condé Nast Traveler’s 2021 Reader’s Choice Awards: Top 25 Destination Spa Resorts
- Travel + Leisure’s World Best Awards 2022: #1 Resort in Arizona
- USA Today 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts (2021)
- Departures’ 2021 Legend Awards
- Business Insider’s 2021 Most Luxurious Hotels in the United States
- Condé Nast Traveler’s 2020 Hot List (the only resort in Arizona to be recognized)
- An Emmy for Best Historical Documentary in 2020
- Forbes’ 2019 Top Spa Resorts in America
WE ❤ ARIZONA
Explore amAZing people, places and things across our state on our 12 News YouTube playlist here.