GLENDALE, Ariz. — According to officials with the Arizona Department of Transportation, Loop 101 northbound was closed near Glendale Avenue following a fatal crash Saturday morning. The road has since reopened.
Officials with DPS said that the two-vehicle crash happened around 6:25 a.m. on northbound SR-101 near milepost 8.
>> Live, local, breaking. Download the 12News app
At this time, details about the crash are limited. The roadway was temporarily closed as investigators took measurements.
Southbound lanes were unaffected by the crash, and ADOT announced that northbound lanes were reopened at 9:47 a.m.
This is a developing story. Stay with 12News as we continue to update this article with more information.
Up to Speed
Catch up on the latest news and stories on our 12 News YouTube playlist here.
Driving Safety Tips:
The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) offers driving tips to help keep people safe on the road.
"There’s always room for improvement when it comes to road safety," the department said on its website.
ADOT's suggestions include:
- Don’t speed or drive aggressively
- Never drive while under the influence of substances
- Avoid distractions while driving
- Wear your seatbelt and make sure all passengers are doing the same
- When an emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, move over
- Stay extra aware in work zones
- Be prepared for weather conditions that make driving dangerous
"Real-time highway conditions are available on ADOT’s Arizona Traveler Information site at az511.gov, by calling 511, downloading the AZ 511 app and through ADOT’s Twitter feed, @ArizonaDOT," the department said.