PHOENIX — Four people, including a 9-year-old girl, were injured in a crash involving a semi-truck on Interstate 10 Friday night.
The crash just after 5 p.m. in the eastbound lanes of I-10 near 16th Street.
The Phoenix Fire Department said when crews arrived on scene, found a three-vehicle accident with a semi-truck on its side.
Firefighters said the 9-year-old girl and a man in his 50s were transported to the hospital in critical condition. A man and a woman were also taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Driving Safety Tips:
The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) offers driving tips to help keep people safe on the road.
"There’s always room for improvement when it comes to road safety," the department said on its website.
ADOT's suggestions include:
· Don’t speed or drive aggressively
· Never drive while under the influence of substances
· Avoid distractions while driving
· Wear your seatbelt and make sure all passengers are doing the same
· When an emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, move over
· Stay extra aware in work zones
· Be prepared for weather conditions that make driving dangerous Find more tips on the department's Driving Safety Homepage on ADOT's website here.
"Real-time highway conditions are available on ADOT’s Arizona Traveler Information site at az511.gov, by calling 511, downloading the AZ 511 app and through ADOT’s Twitter feed, @ArizonaDOT," the department said.
Up to Speed
Catch up on the latest news and stories on the 12 News YouTube channel. Subscribe today.