PHOENIX — A serious crash in south Phoenix Sunday afternoon sent four people to the hospital, two of them being infants.
For reasons that are still being investigated, two cars crashed into each other at 19th Avenue and Baseline.
None of the victims have been identified.
The infants were rushed to a pediatric hospital while the adults were sent to a trauma center. One of the infants has life-threatening injuries.
The rest of the victims are expected to recover.
The Phoenix Police Department is handling the investigation.
This is a developing story. Stay with 12 News for the latest updates.
Driving Safety Tips:
The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) offers driving tips to help keep people safe on the road.
"There’s always room for improvement when it comes to road safety," the department said on its website.
ADOT's suggestions include:
- Don’t speed or drive aggressively
- Never drive while under the influence of substances
- Avoid distractions while driving
- Wear your seatbelt and make sure all passengers are doing the same
- When an emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, move over
- Stay extra aware in work zones
- Be prepared for weather conditions that make driving dangerous