Ever since the news about a new indoor water park resort coming to Arizona broke to the public, many people in the Valley are beyond excited.
12 News went to see the groundbreaking of the Great Wolf Lodge and it's massive. You literally feel like an ant.
We spoke to Jason Lasecki, the director of media communications, and he told us a few things the community should know about the resort:
1. It will open in the later months of 2019.
2. The indoor water park resort will only be available to resort guests, mainly due to safety.
3. The family entertainment center, which will be called the Great Wolf Adventure Park, will be open to the public.
4. The water park will always be 84 degrees because we all know Arizona can hit those triple digits.
5. There will be more dining options than the lodges in other states.
6. As for prices, it's about $199 a night and that includes entry to the water park.
7. Construction of the water park will begin in about two weeks.
8. Some of the slides will have weight limits, mainly for the multi-slides.
9. The land where the resort will be built on is 85,000 square feet. That's something.
The indoor water park resort will be at 7333 N. Pima Road in Scottsdale.