PATAGONIA, Ariz. — Fire crews have contained 100% of the San Rafael Fire that burned 20 miles southeast of Patagonia in southern Arizona since it started on May 7.
"Residents and visitors should be aware of their surroundings as conditions can change rapidly," fire officials said.
We are continuing to track the efforts to contain the blaze and will update the public on any new information as soon as it becomes available. Please check back often for the latest information.
Head to 12news.com/wildfires to get the latest information on all the fires burning around Arizona.
Here’s a breakdown of everything we know on the fire:
Latest fire updates:
- The San Rafael Fire has been 100% contained.
- All GO evacuations have been lifted as of Tuesday morning and residents have been placed back to READY, with the exception of the Canelo South-area which remains in SET, according to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office.
- The wildfire is wind-driven and is burning through a heavy grass crop
- Forest Road 799 is closed
- Shelter located at Patagonia Community United Methodist Church
How many acres has it burned?
The San Rafael Fire has burned 11,620 acres and is 100% contained as of Sunday, May 15, fire officials said.
"There is a Red Flag Warning across much of the state today, including in the fire area," officials said. "High winds may make it difficult for aircraft to fly."
Are there any evacuations?
No communities are under "GO" orders.
The following communities are under the "SET" order and have been asked to prepare for possible evacuation:
- Canelo South-area residences
The following communities are under the "READY" order and have been asked to be aware of nearby fire danger:
- San Rafael Valley residences on Canelo Pass Road and Canelo Road
Go to the Arizona Emergency Information Network website to learn how the READY, SET, GO evacuation system works.
What roads or highways have been closed?
Forest Road 799 is closed, according to ADOT.
Are there any shelters available for residents who may be evacuated?
The Red Cross set up an evacuation center at Patagonia Community United Methodist Church.
The address is 387 McKeown Ave, Patagonia, AZ 85624
Arizona Wildfire Season
Get the latest information on how to stay safe and protect your home during wildfire season in Arizona on our 12 News YouTube playlist here.