TEMPLE, Texas — Two Fort Hood soldiers whose stories have made national headlines were remembered at a rally in Temple on Sunday.
People from all over Central Texas gathered at Temple City Hall to honor Vanessa Guillen and Gregory Morales.
People said they hope both families get the answers and justice they deserve.
"Awareness and support and to just keep pushing,” Temple resident Diana Rivera said. “That is exactly what the family needs right now, and that's what we are here for.”
The Guillen and Morales families were not in attendance, although Morales' mother Kim Wedel did tune in on Facebook.
Also on KCENTV.com
- Secretary of Army to request full independent review of Vanessa Guillen investigation
- Mom of Gregory Morales feels like her son has been forgotten after remains were found near Fort Hood
- Attorney pursues independent investigation, legislation in Vanessa Guillen's name
- Vanessa Guillen's sister: 'I do feel like there’s so much more to the story. Everyone in her chain of command is responsible'
- 'Demand justice for my cousin, Greg' | Morales family demanding change, reinstatement
- Mother of Gregory Morales pushing for change in deserter status of her son