12 News recently launched a new podcast featuring me, Digital Content Producer Gabe Trujillo. Titled "The Disabled List," the podcast will include interviews with influencers from across Arizona and the world of pop culture.
Some of the guests in season one include D-backs great Luis Gonzalez, Coyotes legend Shane Doan and State Forty Eight co-founder Mike Spangenberg.
Now, I’m sure the first thing you’re thinking of is “Why is this podcast called ‘The Disabled List’?" Well, that answer is two parts.
First, I am a person with a disability. My story as a quadriplegic begins in September of 1997 after a severe asthma attack left me paralyzed from the neck down. To learn more about my experiences of life in a wheelchair, be sure to listen throughout the season.
Second, I am a lover of lists and sports puns. Each episode, I ask a guest to help create a top 5 ranking on a topic in their area of expertise or knowledge.
For a complete list of episodes from season one, check out the details below. All of the previous guest interviews are available for stream or download.
SEASON ONE EPISODES
- Singer Whitney Fenimore talks life after "The Voice"
- Phoenix Suns Digital and Sideline Reporter Lindsey Smith
- Extra Super founders talk t-shirts and time capsules
- Mark Curtis’ daughter is a big part of his top news moment
- Hiker Art Huseonica talks about conquering the Arizona Trail
- Shane Doan talks retirement, roping and life off the ice
- State Forty Eight co-founder talks sports, Arizona and t-shirts
- Gabriel Trujillo the announcer chats with Gabriel Trujillo the producer
- Luis Gonzalez talks baseball, fatherhood and World Series heroics