PHOENIX — Editor's note: The above video is from an earlier newscast.
The Salvation Army will be opening 12 heat relief stations across the Valley.
These stations are activated on any day an excessive heat warning is issued.
An excessive heat warning is in effect for Phoenix and the surrounding areas through Saturday.
Temperatures around the Valley could reach up to 120 degrees.
The following heat relief stations will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on May 27 through 31 and on any day the National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning.
The heat relief stations will provide indoor cooling and hydration for anyone who needs it.
These stations will also follow all recommended CDC COVID-19 guidelines for safety.
The goal, the Salvation Army says, is to provide relief and resources for those most vulnerable to the scorching temps and help prevent heat-related deaths.
The Salvation Army says it provided relief and hydrations for more than 23,000 people during 2019's excessive heat warning days.
Maricopa County also teamed up with Human Services Campus to open three overnight heat relief sites in the Valley for people experiencing homelessness.
• Society of St. Vincent de Paul, 1075 W. Jackson, 6:30 p.m. – 6 a.m. (now open)
• 1 West Madison, 6 p.m. – 7 a.m. (now open)
• The Lodestar Day Resource Center on the Human Services Campus at 12th Avenue and Madison, 6:30 p.m.- 6 a.m. beginning on Friday, July 10.
Transportation to those sites is also provided.
• 6 p.m. – route begins at the Phoenix Convention Center for pick-up only to 1 W. Madison (drop-off only), to 9th Ave. and Jefferson (pick-up and drop-off) to 1. W. Madison (drop-off only) back to the Convention Center.
• 6:30-7:30 a.m. - route begins at 1 W. Madison for pick-up only to 12th Ave. and Jefferson (drop-off only) and to 9th Ave. and Jefferson (drop-off only and then back to the Convention Center.
Apache Junction Corps Community Center, 605 E. Broadway Rd.
Estrella Mountain Corps Community Center, 11 N. Third Ave.
Chandler Corps Community Center, 85 E. Saragosa St.
Glendale Corps Community Center, 6010 W. Northern Ave.
Valley of the Sun Korean Corps Community Center, 7238 N. 61st Ave.
Mesa Corps Community Center, 241 E. Sixth St.
Phoenix Citadel Corps Community Center, 628 N. Third Ave.
Phoenix Maryvale Corps Community Center, 4318 W. Clarendon Ave.
Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center South Mountain, 1375 E. Broadway Rd.
The Salvation Army Phoenix Family Services Office, 2707 E. Van Buren St., Bldg. 2
Sun Cities West Valley Corps Community Center, 17420 N. Avenue of the Arts Blvd.
Tempe Corps Community Center, 40 E. University Dr.