SCOTTSDALE, Ariz — Firefighters worked to secure a natural gas leak near a fire Monday afternoon.
A witness said they heard the leak and saw a large pillar of smoke at a conference room for the Andaz Scottsdale resort in the area of Scottsdale Road and Rose Lane.
Southwest Gas crews worked with firefighters to secure the leak. The utility says the natural gas was not the cause of the fire.
The fire was extinguished around 3:30 p.m.
Natural gas service to neighboring businesses and homes is restricted. There is no estimate on when gas service will return.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates when we learn more.