PHOENIX - A family of six is safe after fleeing their burning home near 71st Avenue and Van Buren Street early Friday.

A resident says she smelled smoke starting about 1 a.m., but wasn't sure where it was coming from. Her husband saw smoke inside house and in the attic, and tripped the breaker for the air conditioning.

They called fire department and got the family out of the home.

The family thinks it was an electrical fire that started in the kids' room in the 1980s house, and blame the age of the wiring.