Lillie’s Q Oven-to-Grill Baby Back Ribs
Lillie’s Q is a line of snacks, protein and all-natural sauces and rubs that pay homage to the deep-rooted barbeque traditions of specific Southern regions. Founded by award-winning pitmaster and chef, Charlie McKenna, Lillie’s Q is a culmination of three generations of Southern style barbeque mastery, with a sauce to fit every mood, and every dish. Its lineup includes sauces like Smoky, Carolina, and Gold, barbeque rubs, and uniquely Southern-flavored Kettle Chips at stores like Safeway, Alberton’s and AJ’s. Chef Charlie shares his recipe for making authentic Southern-style baby back ribs in your own kitchen.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 2 hours
* 3 1/2 pound Rack Pork Loin Back Ribs
* 1/4 cup Lillie’s Q Gold
* 1 cup Lillie’s Q Carolina Dirt
* 1/2 cup Lillie’s Q Smoky
* or your favorite Lillie’s Q BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. With a pastry brush, spread the Gold all over both sides of the ribs. Generously sprinkle the rub all over both sides of the ribs.
2. Place ribs in the middle of a double thickness of heavy foil cut 6 inches longer than the ribs. Wrap ribs in the foil. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender (the two middle bones of the rack should start to pull apart easily).
3. Remove ribs to a tray (discard liquid in foil packet). Spread the sauce all over both sides of the ribs. Grill on the rack of a covered grill directly over low heat for 15 minutes, brushing with additional sauce every 5 minutes, turning once. Adjust heat as necessary to prevent burning