PHOENIX — Grocery store chains are trying to fill hundreds of open positions across the country as they work to keep pace with rising demand for supplies during the coronavirus outbreak.
Neither the CDC or the Department of Homeland Security recommends people stock up on cleaning supplies or toilet paper. And the Red Cross says people should have a two-week supply of food as with any emergency, not just for coronavirus.
Even still, images of empty shelves are becoming a frequent sight across the Valley, and many stores have changed hours due to the demand.
Here's a list of some of the stores that are hiring.
- Fry’s Food Stores says stores are hiring for more than 500 various hourly positions, including entry-level management. Go to the company’s website to apply.
- Sprouts is looking to fill more than 350 roles across the country and the company's support office in Phoenix and Glendale distribution center have 30 open jobs. Positions range from hourly part-time roles to core management roles. Go to the company’s website to apply.
- Safeway and Albertsons says it’s hiring to fill more than 1,000 positions across its stores, ranging from entry-level to managerial. Go to the company's website to apply.
- WinCo has listings for a variety of entry-level positions at Arizona stores. Go to the company's website to apply.
- Bashas food stores said on its Instagram that stores are hiring. Go to the company’s website to apply.
- Walmart says it's hiring more than 3,700 associates in Arizona through the end of May. You can apply through the company's website here.
There are companies that are not grocery stores that are also hiring.
ABB is building a 400,000-square-foot distribution center and is looking to hire up to 100 people.
The building will be fully operational during the third quarter of 2020,
- Arizona small businesses granted access to federal loans as coronavirus pandemic slows economy
- Laid off because of coronavirus? Here's how to apply for unemployment in Arizona
- Kids at home? Here’s a list of online learning resources for all grades