ATLANTA — With the holiday weekend just about here, Georgia officials and health experts have been urging people to continue to follow best practices when it comes to COVID-19 prevention.
And for people who want to get a coronavirus test over the Independence Day weekend, the Georgia Department of Public Health posted a message on it's website saying testing location hours could be reduced.
They did release a list of locations that at would be open between July 3 and July 5.
Below is the list. It's also important to note that each location has different days and times that they will be operational:
District 1-1 Northwest Georgia Health District (Rome)
- West Rome Baptist Church 914 Shorter Ave. N.W. Rome, Georgia 30165. Friday, 9 a.m. – Noon
District 1-2 North Georgia Health District (Dalton)
- Whitfield County Health Department 800 Professional Blvd Dalton, Georgia 30720. Friday, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Cherokee County Health Department 7545 North Main Street Woodstock, Georgia 30188. Saturday, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Call Center (1-888-881-1474) is open Friday, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
District 2 North Health District
- Allen Creek Soccer Complex 2500 Allen Creek Road Gainesville, Georgia 30507. Friday, 9:30 a.m. - Noon; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - Noon
District 3-1 Cobb & Douglas
- Jim R. Miller Park 2245 Callaway Road SW Marietta, Georgia 30008. Friday, 8 a.m. – Noon
District 3-2 Fulton County Board of Health
- Center for Health and Rehabilitation 265 Boulevard Atlanta, Georgia 30312. Friday, 9 a.m. - Noon
- Land of A Thousand Hills Coffee 352 South Atlanta Street Roswell, Georgia 30075. Friday, 9 a.m.- 3 p.m.
District 3-4 East Metro Health District (Gwinnett, Newton, Rockdale)
- Gwinnett Board of Health 2570 Riverside Pkwy Lawrenceville, Georgia 30046. Friday, 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
District 5-1 South Central Health District (Dublin)
- Southern Pines Recreational Facility 660 Firetower Road Dublin, Georgia 31021. Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.;Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
District 6 East Central Health District (Augusta)
- East Central Health District 1916 North Leg Road Augusta, Georgia 30909. Sunday, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
District 7 West Central Health District (Columbus)
- Columbus Health Department 11th Avenue & Center Street (parking lot behind the building at 2100 Comer Ave.) Columbus, Georgia 31904. Friday, 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
District 8-1 South Health District (Valdosta)
- Lowndes County Health Department 206 South Patterson Street Valdosta, Georgia 31601. Friday, 9 a.m. - Noon; Saturday, 9 a.m. – Noon
District 8-2 Southwest Health District (Albany)
- First Baptist Church 177 Church St. SW. Pelham, Georgia 31779. Friday, 8 a.m. - Noon
- Colquitt County Health Department 214 W. Central Ave. Moultrie, Georgia 31768. Friday, 8 a.m. - Noon
- Dougherty County Health Department 1710 S. Slappy Blvd Albany, Georgia 31701. Saturday, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
District 9-1 Coastal Health District (Savannah)
- Expercare Urgent Care 60 Exchange St., Suite B7 Richmond Hill, Georgia 31324 Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (By appointment only)
District 9-2 Southeast Health District (Waycross)
- Coffee Regional Medical Center (Parking Lot) 1101 Ocilla Road Douglas, Georgia 31533. Friday, 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Bulloch County Health Department 1 West Altman Street Statesboro, Georgia 30458.Saturday, 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
District 10 Northeast Health District (Athens)
- Athens SPOC 1030 Mitchell Bridge Road Athens, Georgia 30606. Friday, 9 a.m. - Noon.
11Alive is focusing our news coverage on the facts and not the fear around the virus. We want to keep you informed about the latest developments while ensuring that we deliver confirmed, factual information.
We will track the most important coronavirus elements relating to Georgia on this page. Refresh often for new information.