PHOENIX — Editor's Note: The above video is from an earlier broadcast.
Embry Health is experiencing record-high rates of COVID-19 testing this week.
The health provider said its testing sites set a new daily record Wednesday by logging 26,358 appointments, which is about 60% more than the numbers seen the week before.
On Tuesday, Embry scheduled about 25,000 testing appointments.
Embry Health said its positivity rate for the coronavirus remains high. As of Tuesday, its 7-day average positivity rate was 19.6%.
There will be nine testing sites open throughout the Valley for residents needing to get tested on New Year's Day:
- Peoria Sports Complex (SCX)- 16101 N. 83rd Ave, Peoria
- Estrella Mountain C.C. (EMCC)- 3000 N Dysart Rd, Avondale
- Phoenix College (PCX)- 3100-3148 N 11th Ave Parking, Phoenix
- Metro Center (MTC)- 9803 N. Metro Pkwy, Phoenix
- Chaparral Business Center (CBC)
- Mesa C.C. (MCC)- 1833 W Southern Ave, Phoenix
- Poston Butte H.S. (PBH)- 32375 N Gantzel Rd, San Tan Valley
- South Price Rd (SPR)- 3350 South Price Rd, Tempe
- Chandler-Gilbert C.C. (CGCC)- 2626 E. Pecos Rd, Chandler
Testing appointments can be scheduled through the Embry Health website.
COVID-19 News and Updates
Subscribe to the 12 News YouTube channel to receive notifications on the latest videos about the latest information on the coronavirus.
Get to know 12 News
At 12 News, we listen, we seek, we solve for all Arizonans. 12 News is the Phoenix NBC affiliate owned by TEGNA Inc.
At 12 News, It’s a Matter of Facts. Built on a legacy of a trust, 12 News serves more than 4.6 million people every month on air, on our 12 News app, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and 12News.com.
We are committed to hyper-locally serving all of our communities. We advocate for our neighbors, affect positive change, and connect our broader community to solutions.
12 News is the Official Home of the Arizona Cardinals and the proud recipient of the 2018 Rocky Mountain Emmy Award for Overall Excellence.