SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Another six people were arrested this week in connection to the looting and riots in Scottsdale at the end of May that ended with tens of thousands of dollars of merchandise looted from stores.
A march against racial injustice escalated, violently, after a portion of the group broke off and raided Scottsdale Fashion Square shops on May 30.
Scottsdale police say the newly arrested suspects are:
- Jesus Sierra,19, arrested for burglary and trespassing
- Lanay Bailey,19, arrested trafficking stolen property
- Joseph Michael Garcia, 33, was charged with trafficking stolen property
- Serenity Mansfield,19, arrested for burglary and trafficking stolen property
- Keanu Yazzie, 24, arrested for burglary and trafficking stolen property
- Jose Ramos, 20, arrested for theft
The event spurred Gov. Doug Ducey to declare a statewide curfew that lasted over a week. The protests since then remained peaceful, with many marchers denouncing the looters.
Scottsdale police say a total of 53 people have now been arrested for the incident, and investigators are continuing to search for more suspects.
Celebrity YouTuber Jake Paul was also at the riot, but charges against him were dropped this week in lieu of an ongoing FBI investigation.