PHOENIX — Editor's note: The above video aired during a previous broadcast.
She was nominated to TIME magazine's 100 Most Influential People of 2022 by Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.
"I’ve worked alongside her on several initiatives, but none of them highlight her style and impact more than last year’s Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act," said Murkowski in her nomination.
"She is keenly focused on outcomes with a view toward the greater good, not for personal or political gain."
Here's a look at some of the major votes Sinema pushed for during 2021:
- Yes - American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
- Yes - Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- Yes - COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act
- Yes - Impeaching Donald Trump for high crimes and misdemeanors
- Yes - United States Innovation and Competition Act of 2021
- Yes - Protecting Medicare and American Farmers from Sequester Cuts Act
Except for impeachment, all of those bills passed - and often with a large majority.
One way or another, Murkowski's words ring true: Sinema is a force to be reckoned with.