MISSISSIPPI, USA — Editor's note: The photo above is a file photo. Scroll down for the picture of this gator.
Some gator hunters in Mississippi quickly realized they were gonna need a bigger boat after snagging a one-eyed, 12-foot-long, 477-pound alligator.
John Ladner and Derek Stiglet thought they had spotted a log in the water and quickly realized it was a giant gator.
They snagged it, but when they realized their boat wasn't big enough, they had to call for help.
It took them three hours to get the gator into the boats and to shore. They then needed a tractor to get it out.
Ladner said the gator gave them more than 100 pounds of meat.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hurricane season peaks this week, 2 tropical cyclones on the map
- Tropical Depression 17 strengthens into Tropical Storm Paulette
- Man reportedly struck by lightning in Hillsborough Bay
- Sheriff: Man arrested for shooting and killing 19-year-old who made finger gun and said 'pow pow'
- Detectives: Man dies after breaking free from police, jumping in water while handcuffed
- After jogger detained for fitting burglar description, Florida sheriff offers him a job
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter