FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla — A runaway kangaroo is now in custody.
The mischievous marsupial was seen hopping the streets of Fort Lauderdale.
Police surrounded the jumpy suspect Thursday morning. They managed to get a leash on the perpetrator and load the long-legged creature into the back of a cruiser.
The jumpy suspect was then booked into the South Florida Wildlife Center.
Nobody is quite sure where the animal came from. But, Fort Lauderdale code does not allow exotic animals within city limits.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is conducting an investigation, and the kangaroo will ultimately be transferred to the agency's care.
- Here are the reopening plans for Tampa Bay school districts
- Florida's recent record day for COVID-19 might not have been quite that high
- Gov. DeSantis: Florida to cut ties with testing labs providing delayed COVID-19 results
- How to see Comet NEOWISE and the International Space Station
- Walmart shopper pulls gun on man in dispute over mask, deputies say
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter