ST CHARLES, Mo. — Officers with the St. Charles Police Department returned a young girl to her home Thursday night after they found her wandering the streets.
Officer Morales along with other officers found a 3-year-old girl wandering around in her nightgown. She told officers she snuck out of her house for “fresh air and fun while mommy was asleep.”
The officers made "fast friends” with the girl and kept her occupied while they attempted to find her home. Once officers found her home, they inspected it but found no signs of neglect or abuse.
“The girl’s mother used practically every known childproof precaution,” the department said on Facebook. “Still, the determined and very smart kiddo defeated every lock and scaled every barrier.”
The girl was safe and reunited with her family. The department used this experience to remind parents to childproof their homes to “reduce the risk of an accident or a getaway.”
More Feature Stories
- Young St. Louis area filmmaker realizes his dream
- Monica Adams' dogs growl during her entire traffic hit
- Where you can see a field of sunflowers in the St. Louis area
- Metro East Humane Society has helped more than 1,000 animals so far this year
- St. Louis fire crews take baby bird to rehab center after falling out of nest