Recipe Makes 6.
Cooking spray, bacon grease or softened butter, for greasing the jars
4 large eggs
½ cup heavy cream, half & half, or milk
½ cup cottage cheese (any size curd, 4% or 2% milk fat)
Large pinch kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
6 TBSP shredded cheese
Crumbled cooked bacon
Crumbled goat cheese
Sous vide circulator, 6 (4 oz) jelly jars with lids, blender, 7-quart container
1. Place the sous vide circulator in a 7-quart container (stockpot, Dutch oven, or Cambro plastic container) and set the temperature for 185 degrees.
2. Generously grease 6 (4-ounce) jelly jars with cooking spray, bacon grease or softened butter.
3. In a blender, puree the eggs, cream, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper until smooth.
4. Divide egg mixture among jars. Divide shredded cheese evenly among jars. Screw on the lids just tight enough with your fingertips. If lids are too tight, air cannot escape and jars can break.
5. When water temperature has been reached, using tongs, gently lower the jars into the water, Jars should be fully submerged. Cover container with plastic wrap to trap the heat (the sous vide circulator will not be covered). Cook for 25 minutes.
6. When cooking time is up, remove jars from water bath using tongs and place on a kitchen towel.
7. Allow jars to cool down briefly if serving right away. Unscrew lid and serve with optional toppings. 8. If serving later, allow jars to cool to room temperature (lids on), then store in refrigerator. To reheat in microwave, run warm water over the closed jars. Remove lids and microwave for 30-45 seconds. Serve with optional toppings.