The following was released by the Arizona Department of Transportation:
PHOENIX – Sections of the Loop 202 Santan Freeway in Chandler and Interstate 10 west of Phoenix will be restricted this weekend (Oct. 14-17) for freeway-improvement projects. The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends drivers allow extra travel time, use caution and consider alternate routes while the following scheduled restrictions are in place:
· Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between Cooper Road and Price Road in Chandler from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 15) for installation of overhead message signs. Westbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Gilbert Road, Cooper Road, McQueen Road, Arizona Avenue and Alma School Road closed. DETOUR: Local alternate routes include Pecos and Germann roads.
· Eastbound I-10 narrowed to one lane between Sarival Avenue and Estrella Parkway in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17) for paving. Southbound Loop 303 ramp to eastbound I-10 closed. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Sarival Avenue closed. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zones. Alternate routes on surface streets include McDowell Road and Van Buren Street.
NOTE: Eastbound I-10 off-ramp at Estrella Parkway closed 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17).
· Westbound I-10 narrowed to one lane between Verrado Way and Miller Road in Buckeye from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17) for paving. Left-hand lane restriction will start with Verrado Way to Watson Road overnight Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday, then Watson to Miller roads 10 p.m. Saturday to Monday morning. Please allow extra travel time, slow down in the work zone and follow “Zipper Merge” signs when posted. Local alternate routes include Yuma Road.
NOTE: Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Verrado Way closed 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 15).
NOTE: Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Watson Road closed 10 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17).
· State Route 347 narrowed to one lane in both directions in areas between Riggs and Casa Blanca roads, north of Maricopa, from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 15) for pavement-improvement work. Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zones.
· Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) on- and off-ramp closures and other traffic restrictions at Priest Drive, Center Parkway, Scottsdale Road and McClintock Drive from 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 16) for the Ironman 70.3 Arizona event:
Eastbound on-ramps at Priest Drive and Center Parkway closed.
Eastbound off-ramp at Scottsdale Road closed to southbound Scottsdale Road traffic.
Westbound on- and off-ramps at Center Parkway closed.
NOTE: Scottsdale Road restrictions south of Loop 202.
NOTE: McClintock Drive closed south of Loop 202.
· Looking ahead to Monday evening, drivers can expect heavier-than-normal traffic on westbound I-10 from downtown Phoenix and Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) as rush hour combines with fans heading to the 5:30 p.m. Cardinals-Jets Monday Night Football game at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
Additional freeway-restriction information will be posted at azdot.gov, under ADOT News. Visit the site to also subscribe to ADOT email updates, including weekend restriction information.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions in the Phoenix area and around the state, visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511.gov or call 511. Another great way to find out more about ADOT’s projects and programs to improve Arizona’s transportation system is the ADOT Blog at azdot.gov/blog.
ADOT plans and constructs new freeways, additional lanes and other improvements as part of the Regional Transportation Plan for the Maricopa County region. The primary funding source for regional freeway improvements is a half-cent sales tax approved by county voters in 2004. More information about ADOT projects and the regional plan is available at azdot.gov/PhoenixMetro.