The following was released by the Arizona Department of Transportation:
PHOENIX – Sections of Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) and Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) in the Scottsdale and Mesa areas will be closed this weekend for freeway improvement projects. Parts of Interstate 10 also will be restricted in the Goodyear and Buckeye areas this weekend for paving work. The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends drivers allow extra travel time, use caution and consider alternate routes while the following scheduled restrictions are in place:
• A planned closure of the Northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) between Chaparral Road and Shea Boulevard from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday has been postponed to a future weekend due to rain in the forecast.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Watson Road and State Route 85 in Buckeye from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 10) for resurfacing. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time. Be prepared to merge safely approaching the work zone. Note: Westbound I-10 off- and on-ramps at Miller Road closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 8). Westbound I-10 ramp to southbound State Route 85 and the northbound SR 85 ramp to westbound I-10 closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 10). Plan to use alternate routes and follow signed detours while ramps are closed.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane in areas between Loop 303 and Sarival Avenue in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 10) for rubberized asphalt paving. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time. Alternate local routes include eastbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street. Note: Westbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 closed from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 8). Southbound Loop 303 ramp to eastbound I-10 closed from 11 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 10). Please use alternate routes while ramps are closed.
• Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Greenfield and McDowell/Gilbert roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 10) for rubberized asphalt paving. DETOUR: Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) is alternate freeway route. Local traffic approaching the closure can exit and detour on westbound McDowell Road.
• Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between Loop 101/Price Road and Cooper Road in Chandler from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 8) for installation of overhead message signs. Southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound Loop 202 also closed. DETOUR: Consider using eastbound Pecos or Germann roads before entering Loop 202 at Cooper Road.
• Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) connection to westbound Pecos Road closed at Interstate 10 from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 9) for overhead power line work. Both I-10 ramps to westbound Pecos Road closed. Eastbound Pecos Road closed at 40th Street. DETOUR: Traffic can detour on local streets, including Ray Road, Chandler Boulevard, 40th Street and 48th Street. Note: Westbound Loop 202 ramps to I-10 will be open.
Additional freeway-restriction information will be posted at azdot.gov, under ADOT News. Visit the site to also subscribe to ADOT email updates, including weekend restriction information.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions in the Phoenix area and around the state, visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511.gov or call 511. Another great way to find out more about ADOT’s projects and programs to improve Arizona’s transportation system is the ADOT Blog at azdot.gov/blog.
ADOT plans and constructs new freeways, additional lanes and other improvements as part of the Regional Transportation Plan for the Maricopa County region. The primary funding source for regional freeway improvements is a half-cent sales tax approved by county voters in 2004. More information about ADOT projects and the regional plan is available at azdot.gov/PhoenixMetro.