Man saves dog from rattlesnake bite

Michael Seaburgh was cleaning his pool when his dog confronted a rattlesnake. Seaburgh grabbed his dog but not before getting bitten himself.

Doctors treated a Valley man with eight vials of anti-venom after he suffered a rattlesnake bite while protecting his dog. Each vial of anti-venom cost $2,000.

Michael Seaburgh was in his backyard, filling his pool when he and his dog heard a familiar rattling noise coming from under one of the pool boxes. Seaburgh said he went to hold his dog back from investigating too closely when the snake caught him on his right hand.

After the attack, Seaburgh put his dog in the house and started to drive to the hospital, but quickly turned around when he realized he left the pool water running, he said.

Once he turned the water off and saved his backyard from flooding, he went to the hospital where he was given the anti-venom. He was released from the hospital Tuesday.

© 2017 KPNX-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment