Family and friends of Carolyn Hinzman gathered to remember the beloved teacher whose home caught fire in September due to a malfunctioning air conditioner.
Hinzman was trapped inside the home in her wheelchair and suffered severe burns to 70 percent of her body. She died just days later in a medically-induced coma.
"She cared so much about children. She wanted everyone to be happy," said Carrie Hinzman, Carolyn's daughter.
Carolyn Hinzman taught in the Isaac Elementary School District for 33 years. Her family started a GoFundMe campaign shortly after the September incident, hoping to cover both health and home expenses. Carolyn did not have home insurance.
© 2017 KPNX-TV