PHOENIX - An annual holiday tradition got underway Thursday morning with the arrival of the huge Christmas tree at the Outlets at Anthem.
The tree arrived by truck from California to the delight of assembled fans. It was preceded by Santa arriving on a firetruck.
Some facts about the tree, according to the the Outlets at Anthem:
1. This year's tree will stand at 80 feet
2. This marks the 13th year the outlet mall has done this
3. A team of 10 will work 120 hours over the next two weeks to decorate the tree
4. The live tree will be placed in a 7-foot well
5. The decorations will include 80 strands of LED lights
6. The lights will stretch a total of 8,000 feet around the tree
7. Organizers plan to place more than 5,000 ornaments and bows on the tree
8. Once fully decorated, the tree will weigh a whopping 4 tons
9. Six guy wires attached to the top of the hulking tree will keep it steady
10. Once upright, the tree will be 22 feet wide
11. The tree-lighting event is scheduled for Nov. 12
12. Once lit, the tree will be visible from space*
*Not a fact, actually. Just something we kind of wish were true.
More info about the tree and the Outlets at Anthem is available at outletsanthem.com.
Copyright 2016 KPNX