Chandler houses evacuated due to natural gas leak

Chandler houses evacuated due to natural gas leak

CHANDLER, Ariz. - Fifteen houses were evacuated as a precaution Saturday because of a natural gas leak near Kyrene and Pecos roads in Chandler.

A Chandler fire spokesperson said the call initially came in as a brush fire that kept reigniting and wouldn't go out, leading crews to suspect a gas leak. Gilbert and Phoenix fire crews assisted their efforts in finding the source of the leak. 

Southwest Gas shut down the line north of the incident, firefighters said.

Fire officials said most of the residents displaced were allowed to return to their homes within a few hours after crews arrived. 

 

 

Copyright 2016 KPNX


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment