PHOENIX - Do you know how to do CPR? It's a simple process that could very well save someone's life.
The American Red Cross teaches CPR classes all the time. One of its instructors is Bob Blatz, who recently gave us a crash course with these easy steps:
1. Make sure the scene is safe
2. Call 911
3. Determine if the person is breathing. The easiest way to do this is to put your ear next to the person's mouth and look for the chest or belly to rise or feel the person breathing.
4. If the person isn't breathing, perform 30 chest compressions. Lock your hands together and press down on the sternum and compress the chest by about two inches.
5. Then deliver two breaths. Pinch the person's nose and tilt the chin up and head back.
6. Repeat the 30 compressions and two breaths until first responders arrive and take over.
You can find out more about CPR here.
Copyright 2016 KPNX