There are no planned construction closures for the holiday weekend, but drivers should still be prepared when they hit the road.
The Arizona Department of Transportation has a message for those heading out of town.
ADOT urges drivers to focus on safe driving, including slowing down and using extra caution in existing work zones across the state.
More safety recommendations:
• Check your vehicle, including the tire pressure.
• Get some rest before traveling. Fatigue is a serious safety risk.
• Never drive while impaired. Arrange for a designated driver in advance.
• Allow extra travel time and be prepared for unscheduled closures.
• Buckle up and obey speed limits.
• Avoid distractions. Don’t text while driving.
• Pack extra supplies, including drinking water and snack foods.
• Avoid parking vehicles in areas with taller grasses or brush that can spark a fire.
Also, ADOT says you'll avoid the worst of the traffic if you return home July 3.
Anyone staying in town this weekend should check out the Arizona Diamondbacks as they take on the Colorado Rockies for a three-game series. The D-backs are hosting a fun Fourth of July celebration Saturday with delicious treats, a giveaway and a 15-minute firework show.
© 2017 KPNX-TV