The National Park Service is honoring Veterans Day with a free weekend for all park-goers.
From Nov. 11 - 12, all entrance fees to national parks will be waived.
"Many national parks have direct connections to the military—there are dozens of battlefields, military parks, and historic sites that commemorate and honor the service of American veterans," the NPS wrote on its website. "In addition, every national park is part of our collective identity that defines who we are and where we came from as a nation. They are tactile reminders of the values, the ideals, the freedoms that our veterans protect."
Arizona has 15 to choose from.
Here is a list of all the parks in Arizona you can visit for free on Saturday:
- Casa Grande Ruins National Monument
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Montezuma Castle National Monument
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Pipe Spring National Monument
- Saguaro National Park
- Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument
- Tonto National Monument
- Tumacácori National Historical Park
- Tuzigoot National Monument
- Walnut Canyon National Monument
- Wupatki National Monument
© 2017 KPNX-TV