- 4 (oz) pieces fresh salmon (about 4-5 oz each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oli
- 1 package Puff Pastry sheets (thawed in frig overnight)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 recipe for Duxelles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Eggwash ( 2 egg yolks plus 2 tablespoons milk)
- Dill Sauce
Drizzle each piece of salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat grill and grill salmon on both sides for about 2 minutes. Remove skin and set aside.
Make Duxelles. Set aside to cool.
Cut puff pastry into about 5" inch squares, or large enough to cover piece of salmon. Roll out a bit to thin out dough.
Lay a piece of salmon on dough. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of Duxelle over top of salmon. (Duxelle recipe should be divided
between 4 pieces of salmon.) Top with several layers of fresh baby spinach. Cover the salmon with puff pastry. Tuck in the sides and turn seam side
down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush eggwash over the dough. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
Serve with Dill Sauce. Serves 4.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of finely chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (such as shiitake, white button, and cremini, stem ends trimmed, finely chopped.
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
Add shallot and garlic, cook, stir until softened and released their liquid, about 7 minutes.
Raise heat to medium/high. Cook until liquid has evaporated, about three minutes more.
Stir in parsley ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Let cook completely
Dilled Cream Sauce
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill weed OR
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed crushed in a small bowl
When serving, cut the salmon roll at an angle and place on plate mushroom side up.
Put the sauce on top and serve with a lemon wedge and parsley for looks.
© 2017 KPNX-TV