FESTIVAL OF HOLIDAYS - CLICK HERE TO ENTER:
ARIZONA MIDDAY FESTIVAL OF HOLIDAYS SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “ARIZONA MIDDAY FESTIVAL OF HOLIDAYS” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) of the State of Arizona who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of ARIZONA MIDDAY, (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., and DISNEY each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 AM MST - Arizona on TUESDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2017 and end at 11:59PM MST - Arizona on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter by visiting Facebook page at website http://www.facebook.com/arizonamidday, “Like” the page, and complete all the required information (name, address, and email address), and following all posted instructions. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. Entries limited to only one (1) entry per person. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook ID. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. On or about or about MONDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2017 one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive
WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
(1) vacation package for the winner and up to three Guests for two nights at Disney provided hotel with four 3-Day, 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort tickets for the Group good for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same.
The estimated retail value of the Vacation Package is $1,620.00
Official Rules. Promoter will cause the Official Rules for the Sweepstakes to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and to include applicable provisions substantially similar to the following (subject to Disney’s approval):
(a) Travel and lodging for the Vacation Package awarded by Promoter must be completed prior to December 15, 2018. The winner and up to three (3) guests (each a “Guest”; collectively “Guests” and together with the winner, the “Group”) must travel together on the same itinerary, and air transportation must be round-trip from/to the same Departure Airport/Arrival Airport (both as defined in Section 1(a) of EXHIBIT B), as chosen by Disney.
(b) Vacation Package fulfillment and travel are subject to certain restrictions, certain hotel/room availability at the Premises. The Vacation Package must be booked through a travel agent as designated by Disney at least forty-five (45) days prior to arrival. Block-out dates apply. No extensions will be granted. Certain lodging restrictions apply.
(c) Winners must be at least the age of majority pursuant to his/her applicable state of residence to enter and win. A Guest under the age of majority must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian who must be at least the age of majority and both will be deemed Guests of the winner (unless the winner is the Guest’s parent or legal guardian). Once selected by winner, Guests cannot be changed without the express consent of Disney, which may be withheld for any reason.
(d) Vacation Package and its components (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, separated, sold, exchanged or redeemed for 10
cash, traded, transferred, substituted, assigned, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above, except in Disney’s sole and absolute discretion.
(e) The Vacation Package will not include the following: transportation from/to winner’s residence to Premises, airfare, airport departure fees; baggage fees; travel insurance; room service; parking fees; laundry service; spa treatments; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs; incidental expenses; local and long-distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees; and any taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included herein.
(f) All elements of the Vacation Package (including, without limitation, the theme park tickets) must be used by the Group on the same dates during the redemption of the Vacation Package. Any portion of the Vacation Package not accepted or used by winner will be forfeited.
(g) Theme park attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and subject to change without notice.
(h) A winner may not charge any Guest for participating in the prize. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, being provided by Promoter or Disney.
(j) The winner and his/her Guests are responsible for having valid travel documents including government-issued identification and/or passports, as applicable.
(k) The winner will not receive compensation for any element(s) of the Vacation Package (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) that any participant(s) is unable to use for any reason, and such unused portion(s) of the Vacation Package will be forfeited.
(l) If the winner chooses to bring less than the allotted number of Guests, the Vacation Package will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of participants with no substitute prize or compensation provided to the winner.
(m) The winner and his/her Guests will be required to execute a liability/publicity release form prior to booking of any travel. Failure to return the executed release form within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the Vacation Package. Winner acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of the Group, related to any use or misuse of the prize or any prize-related activity or travel.
(n) Any damaged, lost or stolen theme park tickets will not be replaced.
(o) The actual value of the Vacation Package may vary depending on point of departure and seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the/each Vacation Package will not be awarded.
(p) Federal, state and local taxes relating to the prize are the responsibility of the winner and Promoter will issue all tax forms including a 1099 form to the winner.
(q) Promoter is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
(r) Disney, its parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary entities and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns will be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions that arise out of and/or are in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize, or prize-related activity including travel, the Promotion or the Sweepstakes.
(s) All disputes arising out of or relating to any prize provided by Disney shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of law rules, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, California. Such claims shall be resolved 11 individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
(t) In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail and govern.
4. Affidavits or Proof of Performance. Following the completion of the Promotion Period, Promoter will provide to Disney affidavits and/or proof of performance pertaining to all media produced/aired/distributed in support of the Promotion. Winner letters and documents will not be issued until all such affidavits and/or proofs of performance are received. 12
Disney will be responsible, at its cost and expense (unless stated otherwise herein), for the following:
1. Vacation Package(s): Providing Promoter with one (1) vacation package for the winner and up to three (1) Guests for two (2) nights at the Premises to be awarded by Promoter solely to the winner of the Promotion (subject to the restrictions set forth in Paragraph 3 of EXHIBIT A), each of which vacation package will consist of the following:
(a) Hotel accommodations for the Group (one (1) standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax, subject to certain room availability) for up to two (2) consecutive nights at a Premises or Premises area hotel selected by Disney in its sole discretion (daily parking at the Premises is not included).
(b) Up to four (4) 3-Day, 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort tickets for the Group good for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same.
(c) The estimated retail value of the Vacation Package is $1,620.00. The actual value of the vacation package may vary depending on point of departure and seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the/each Vacation Package will not be awarded.
(d) To the extent any prize (or portion thereof) is not or cannot be redeemed for any reason, Promoter will lose all rights to such prize and will not have the right to reassign or otherwise transfer such prize. Promoter will provide all winning affidavits from the winner(s) of the contest/sweepstakes to Disney by a date determined by Disney.
The estimated retail value of the vacation package is $1,620.00.
2. Technical Support. Disney shall also provide travel and broadcast support to include the following:
(a) Certain technical support and coordination for the broadcasts by the Station from the Premises as determined solely by Disney.
(b) One (1) Disney representative(s) to escort and assist Promoter’s staff at the Premises on the day of the live broadcast. The representative(s) and their duties and hours shall be determined by Disney in its sole discretion.
(c) Standard room accommodations (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) at a Premises or Premises area hotel for Promoter’s staff, the number and types of rooms and the hotels and nights of stay to be selected by Disney in its sole discretion.
(d) Roundtrip coach airfare and ground transportation from the Southern California airport to the Premises for Promoter’s staff, all elements of which including, but not limited to, the number and type of airfares and ground transportation, to be determined by Disney in its sole discretion.
(e) Select meals as determined by Disney for Promoter’s staff while they are at the Premises, all elements of which, including the types and amount of food and the days and times of the meals to be determined by Disney in its sole discretion. 13
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about MONDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2017 at the email address provided on winner’s entry form. Each winner must respond to such notification within 48 hours. Failure of winner to respond with such time or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must either respond to Sponsor’s notification with a valid shipping address for delivery of prize, and/or personally visit 12 News studios at 200 E Van Buren St Phoenix, AZ 85004 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays). Valid photo identification is required by Sponsor in each case. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The “ARIZONA MIDDAY FESTIVAL OF HOLIDAYS SWEEPSTAKES” is sponsored by ARIZONA MIDDAY, TEGNA, AND DISNEY. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after NOVEMBER 24, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Michelle Fierros email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact “Michelle Fierros” 12 News 200 E Van Buren St Phoenix, AZ 85004
“This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.”
© 2017 KPNX-TV