It's the most celebrated parade in the world! More than 50 million viewers nationwide will watch the 91st annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade at 9 a.m. in all time zones Thursday on NBC.
In honor of the six new floats this year, here are six facts about the parade’s floats and balloons:
1. The floats and balloons are dreamed up and created inside a Moonachie, New Jersey warehouse.
2. Even though the event only comes once a year, there’s a team working inside that warehouse the entire year to plan for it.
3. There are six brand new floats this year: Everyone’s Favorite Bake Shop by Entenmann's, Harvest in the Valley by Green Giant, Parade Day Mischief by Sour Patch Kids Candy, Shimmer and Shine by Nickelodeon and Universal Playground by Sprout. The sixth one remains a secret until its surprise unveiling Thanksgiving morning.
4. Some of the new balloons this year include Frozen’s Olaf, Paw Patrol’s Chase, The Grinch and Super Wing’s Jett.
5. All the balloons and floats have to collapse and disassemble to no larger than the size of an RV to make it through the Lincoln Tunnel the night before the parade and then have to be put back together within six and a half hours.
6. In the late 1920's they used to let the balloons go after the parade. If you found one and brought it to Macy’s you'd win a prize!
© 2017 KPNX-TV