Between toasted marshmallow and strawberry daiquiri, Jelly Bean has some unconventional flavors. But which one is America’s favorite?
Candystore.com, an online candy retailer, used sales data along with SurveyMonkey and Facebook polling to ask 10,000 Americans their favorite jelly flavor.
Arizona’s favorite flavor of jelly bean is buttered popcorn, according to candystore.com. The runners up were cinnamon and juicy pear.
"Arizona is home to the Grand Canyon, acres of Saguaro cacti, and buttered popcorn jelly bean fanatics!" the candy retailer wrote. "Since people like to eat popcorn while spectating, Arizonans can pop their buttered popcorn jelly beans while taking in the sights."
Buttered popcorn was also the country's number two favorite jelly bean flavor.
Here’s the top five flavors nationally:
1. Black licorice was the top flavor in 11 states, including Alaska and California.
2. Buttered popcorn swept seven states, including Texas.
3. Watermelon was the winner in six states, including Oregon.
4. "The jelly bean of choice for over 20 years," Cherry took five states, including Utah and New Mexico.
5. Cinnamon was the top choice in four states, including Wyoming.
View the full rankings on candystore.com.