HARRISBURG, Pa. - A fire that killed a toddler and critically injured two others, and also led to critical injuries to a responding fire official, appears to have been sparked by a recharging hoverboard, authorities said.
Fire officials in Harrisburg said one victim jumped from a second-floor porch roof to escape the blaze, which was reported shortly before 8 p.m. Friday.
"They heard some sizzling and crackling in the hoverboard and shortly thereafter, it exploded in flames," he said.
Enterline called the devices "notorious for starting fires" and urged people not to use them in what he called "knockoff brands" not deemed safe by UL, formerly Underwriters Laboratories.
Two other females were rescued by ladder from the ground, as was a man.
Read More: http://bit.ly/2lTiupy