Doctors treated a Valley man with eight vials of anti-venom after he suffered a rattlesnake bite while protecting his dog. Each vial of anti-venom cost $2,000.
Michael Seaburgh was in his backyard, filling his pool when he and his dog heard a familiar rattling noise coming from under one of the pool boxes. Seaburgh said he went to hold his dog back from investigating too closely when the snake caught him on his right hand.
After the attack, Seaburgh put his dog in the house and started to drive to the hospital, but quickly turned around when he realized he left the pool water running, he said.
PHOTOS: Man bit by rattlesnake after protecting his dog
Once he turned the water off and saved his backyard from flooding, he went to the hospital where he was given the anti-venom. He was released from the hospital Tuesday.