One∙n∙ten, an organization dedicated to helping LGTBQ teens, including those who are homeless, took to Facebook Wednesday to ask for donations after a fire burned its youth center in Phoenix.
The nonprofit organization is looking to replace food, hygiene, and personal items as well as camp and youth center supplies and equipment all lost in the flames.
A full list of items the organization needs can be found here or in the Facebook post embedded below.
Fire investigators found no evidence of arson. Phoenix fire said it was likely caused by improperly stored rags and batteries in a hot, unventilated room.
Nobody was inside or injured in the fire, but the building was a total loss.
"Today we lost a building, and that building meant a lot to our community," the nonprofit organization wrote on Facebook. "Tomorrow we will start a new chapter, with the strong arms of our community around us in a temporary home."
One∙n∙ten said programs will resume Thursday at 3 p.m at The Parsons Center for Health and Wellness located near Central Avenue and Roosevelt Street in Phoenix.
"Support services will not skip a beat, and we will do our best to recreate “home” for our youth as quickly as possible," the organization wrote.
The nonprofit said those wanting to donate could also provide home-cooked meals or a youth-favorite pizza.
Donations can be dropped off at Parsons Center for Health and Wellness reception desk starting Thursday from 12 to 6 p.m. and again on Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For monetary donations, visit www.onenten.org/waystogive.