Family and friends of Carolyn Hinzman gathered to remember the beloved teacher whose home caught fire in September due to a malfunctioning air conditioner.

Hinzman was trapped inside the home in her wheelchair and suffered severe burns to 70 percent of her body. She died just days later in a medically-induced coma.

"She cared so much about children. She wanted everyone to be happy," said Carrie Hinzman, Carolyn's daughter.

PREVIOUS: Elderly woman suffers life-threatening burns in house fire, Phoenix Fire says

Carolyn Hinzman taught in the Isaac Elementary School District for 33 years. Her family started a GoFundMe campaign shortly after the September incident, hoping to cover both health and home expenses. Carolyn did not have home insurance.