PHOENIX- The Phoenix Police Department are investigating an incident that lead 5 people to overdose on an unknown substance at a bar near 83rd Avenue and Indian School Road Friday night.

The Phoenix Fire Department arrived at the Nugget Bar and found all 5 patients in “various degrees of altered mental status,” Phoenix fire said. Bystanders were performing CPR on one of the patients.

The first responders had to upgrade the incident to a First Alarm Medical call due to the severity and number of the patients, the fire department said. A total of about 30 firefighters responded to the call.

The Phoenix Fire Department said a few patients said they thought they were snorting cocaine but they did not know what the substance actually was.

The patients vary in ages 25-47 years old and include both males and females, according to Phoenix fire. The patients were transported to three different emergency rooms.