This story was originally published in Nov. 2016.
In the kitchen with Team 12's own Mark Curtis, and his wife Abby, cooking up a delicious family recipe.
There's one dish Abby's family looks forward to twice a year: Grandma's brisket.
It's delicious and easy to make!
Give it a shot with the recipe below and remember to always share photos with us via email (email@example.com) or on social media using #BeOn12.
• 3-5 lb first cut trimmed brisket
• 2 sweet onions sliced
• 1 1/2 cups fresh brewed coffee
• 1 1 1/2 cups ketchup
• Garlic powder
• Montreal Steak Seasoning
• Baby carrots
• Mini potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Season Brisket with Montreal Steak Seasoning, pepper and garlic powder
3. In Dutch oven or roaster, brown Brisket on both sides
4. Remove brisket
5. Brown 2 sliced onions in fat from the brisket
6. Remove and set aside
7. Wisk together coffee and ketchup
8. Return the brisket to the Dutch oven fat side up and pour the onions over the brisket.
9. Add carrots and mini potatoes. (If using roaster -- cover with foil while cooking)
10. Pour the coffee & ketchup mixture over the the brisket
11. Cook for 2- 2 1/2 hours basting occasionally
12. Slice the brisket and smother it with the onions, carrots, potatoes & gravy
Check out all of our family recipes at 12news.com/familyrecipes.