Ingredients for Blueberry Walnut Pancakes:
- Pancake Batter of choice (desired quantity will differ depending on how many pancakes you'd like to make)
- 1 Cup of Candied Walnuts
- 1 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
- Syrup of Choice (Optional)
- Take your favorite pancake mix/batter and place the desired quantity (depending on how big or how small you want your pancakes to be) on a flat top grill or electric griddle at 350 degrees.
- After about 15-20 seconds of cooking time, add your candied walnuts and fresh blueberries in the desired areas of the pancakes.
- Cook the side of the pancake until bubbling begins to occur. Once bubbling begins, flip pancake and wait patiently for the other side to cook. Be careful not to burn the pancakes!
- Once complete, take pancakes off of the griddle/grill, top with butter and/or maple syrup and ENJOY!
Ingredients for Candied Walnuts:
- 1 cup walnut halves/pieces (you can also use this recipe for candied pecans)
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 1 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 Tbsp butter.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so your mixture doesn't burn (especially towards the end). When the sugar mixture starts melting, stir constantly until all sugar is melted and nuts are coated.
- Transfer immediately onto a sheet of parchment paper and separate the nuts right away. Using two spatulas will make this task go faster.
- Once the coating hardens (5-7 minutes), you can transfer them to a bowl and begin the pancake making process!
Copyright 2017 KPNX